I. Agreement to Terms of Service:
This Terms of Service Agreement ("Agreement") sets forth the legally binding terms for your use of the Strangeson.com website Services. By using the Strangeson.com Services, you agree to be bound by this Agreement, whether you are a "Visitor" (which means that you simply browse the Strangeson.com Website) or you are a "Member" (which means that you have registered with Strangeson.com). The term "User" refers to a Visitor or a Member. You are only authorized to use the Strangeson.com Services (regardless of whether your access or use is intended) if you agree to abide by all applicable laws and to this Agreement. Please read this Agreement carefully and save it. If you do not agree with it, you should leave the Strangeson.com Website and discontinue use of the Strangeson.com Services immediately.
Modification of terms of Service:
Strangeson.com may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting by Strangeson.com on the Strangeson.com Website. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use the Strangeson.com Services after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes. Continued use of the Service by you shall constitute your binding acceptance of any such amendments, modifications, additions or deletions.
II. Member Responsibilities and Conduct
Code of Ethics - The Greater Good:
Strangeson.com was created to provide hope, support, encouragement, education and a safe environment for families who have members who have Autism Spectrum Disorder and who are non-verbal or low-communicating. This is the primary purpose of the Strangeson.com website and online Community. Users are requested to look into their own conscience and hearts to ensure that all Content which they may contribute to the Strangeson.com online Community including personal messages, blog entries, video blog entries, photos, Community forum posts and other communicative activities, make a positive contribution to the Community. Personal attacks, criticism that is not constructive, gossip and rumor spreading, incendiary remarks, accusations, inappropriate questions and requests for personal information from members will not be tolerated. Member activity will be monitored to track their "Greater Good" status. Members who demonstrate sustained incompatibility with the purpose of the Strangeson.com website and online Community will be terminated at the discretion of Strangeson.com.
As a registered member, you are held solely and personally responsible for any libelous,
defamatory, or slanderous remarks about a person or company made in your posts.
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not Strangeson.com, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. Strangeson.com does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. Under no circumstances will Strangeson.com be liable in any way for any Content.
You agree to not use the Service to:
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Harm others in any way;
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- "Stalk" or otherwise harass another.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.
Strangeson.com may delete any Content that in the sole judgment of Strangeson.com violates this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any person. Strangeson.com assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Strangeson.com for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time Strangeson.com chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Strangeson.com, Strangeson.com nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content.
You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on or through any of the Strangeson.com Services, and any material or information that you transmit to other Members and for your interactions with other Users. Strangeson.com does not endorse and has no control over the Content. Content is not necessarily reviewed by Strangeson.com prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of Strangeson.com. Strangeson.com makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or to the accuracy and reliability of the Content or any material or information that you transmit to other Members.
The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through Strangeson.com. Strangeson.com reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Strangeson.com's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from Strangeson.com and terminating the Membership of such violators. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that, in the sole discretion of Strangeson.com:
- is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
- solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work.
- involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, "spimming," or "spamming";
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise including, but not limited to violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
- involves commercial activities and/or sales.
The following is a partial list of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the Strangeson.com Website and through your use of the Strangeson.com Services. Strangeson.com reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Strangeson.com's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
- criminal or tortious activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, spimming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
- advertising to, or solicitation of, any Member to buy or sell any products or services through the Strangeson.com Services. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Strangeson.com Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation, Strangeson.com reserves the right to restrict the number of emails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which Strangeson.com deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
- any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends or send comments or messages;
- interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the Strangeson.com Services or the networks or services connected to the Strangeson.com Services;
- attempting to impersonate another Member or person;
- using the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
- selling or otherwise transferring your profile;
- using any information obtained from the Strangeson.com Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person;
- displaying an advertisement on your profile, or accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity on or through the Strangeson.com Services on behalf of that person, such as placing commercial content on your profile, posting blogs or bulletins with a commercial purpose, selecting a profile with a commercial purpose as one of your "Friends", or sending private messages with a commercial purpose; or
- using the Strangeson.com Services in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
Conduct Required for Use of Strangeson.com Service :
It is a condition of your use of the Service that you do not:
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Service
- post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation, any images or other material depicting nudity as herein defined;
- post or transmit comments containing harassing or offensive language, or engage in disruptive activities online;
- post or transmit any information, software or other material that is fraudulent or violates or infringes the rights of others, including material that violates privacy or publicity rights, or infringes copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder;
- post or transmit any information, software or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component;
- post or transmit content that encourages or provides instructional activities about illegal activities, in particular hacking, cracking or phreaking;
- post, transmit or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes or that contains advertising, "junk mail," "spam," or "chain letters";
- solicit other users to join, become members of, or contribute money to any online service or other organization, advocate or attempt to get users to join in legal or illegal schemes or plan or participate in scams involving other users;
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your professional or other affiliation with any person or entity;
- resell, redistribute, broadcast or transfer the information or use the information derived from the Service in a searchable, machine-readable database;
- disguise a file type to thwart Strangeson.com's detection processes;
- post or transmit any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems or networks connected to the Service.
You agree that you will not use the Service, including the information provided therein and all related equipment, networks and network devices (specifically including Internet access) for any unlawful purpose. Strangeson.com, at its sole and absolute discretion, shall determine whether any information transmitted or received violates this provision. You may not use any Material in connection with any site or other use that contains or is associated with information or content prohibited by this section.
Rules about identity:
You agree to provide true, accurate and complete information about yourself, and to update this information when it changes. If you provide any information that is untrue or inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, or if Strangeson.com suspects that your information is untrue or inaccurate, not current, or incomplete Strangeson.com may, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate your membership and refuse current or future access to the Service.
No Resale of Service
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service (including your Yahoo! ID), use of the Service, or access to the Service.
III. Strangeson.com Rights:
You acknowledge that Strangeson.com may or may not pre-screen Content, but that Strangeson.com and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or remove any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, Strangeson.com and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the Terms of Service Agreement or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
Strangeson.com does not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify or agree with the comments, opinions or other statements made public at the Site by visitors through the interactive services available at the Site. Any information or material sent by visitors through such services, including advice and opinions, represents the views and is the responsibility of those visitors and does not necessarily represent the views of Strangeson.com.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that Strangeson.com may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the Terms of Service; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Strangeson.com, its users and the public.
Monitoring and Moderators:
Monitors and Moderators of Strangeson.com are entrusted with helping to keep the forums civil and constructive and to ensure that the activity on the Strangeson.com website is in keeping with the intended spirit and purpose of the Site.
Without limiting other remedies, we may limit, suspend, or terminate our service and user accounts, prohibit access to our website, remove hosted content, and take technical and legal steps to keep users off the Site if we think that they are creating problems, possible legal liabilities, or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. We also reserve the right to cancel unconfirmed accounts.
Strangeson.com may, in its sole discretion, terminate your password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service, or remove and discard any communication transmitted by you, or information stored, sent, or received via the Service without prior notice and for any reason, including, but not limited to: (i) concurrent access of the Service with identical user identification numbers, (ii) permitting another person or entity to use your user identification number to access the Service, (iii) any other access or use of the Service except as expressly provided in this Agreement, (iv) any violation of the terms and conditions of this Agreement or the rules and regulations relating to the use of, the software and/or data files contained in, or accessed through, the Service, (v) tampering with or alteration of any of the software and/or data files contained in, or accessed through, the Service, or (vi) failure to use the Service or portion thereof on a regular basis. Upon termination of this Agreement, all rights granted to you will automatically terminate and immediately revert to Strangeson.com and its licensors.
Strangeson.com is owned and operated by Portia Iversen and contains material that is derived in whole or in part from material supplied and owned by Portia Iversen and other sources. Such material is protected by copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws. Unless otherwise expressly provided, you may not modify or prepare derivative works based on any material from Strangeson.com, including but not limited to code and software ("Material"), but you may copy and distribute white papers, instructional materials and videos and other related publications on the Strangeson.com Site provided that such distribution is made with full attribution to Strangeson.com. You may also download Material from Strangeson.com for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices and use the Material in accordance with all restrictions applicable to your use of the Strangeson.com Service in general.
Copyright of Strangeson.com content:
All content on the Strangeson.com website by virtue of being published on the Strnageson.com website is copyright protected.
Strangeson.com reserves full rights to information and content posted anywhere within the Strangeson.com domain by any of its visitors, members, and staff.
Strangeson.com is not responsible for monitoring content submitted by Users nor is it liable for such content that may violate copyright law.
Contributions (intellectual property) to Strangeson.com:
By submitting ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals ("Contributions") to Strangeson.com through its suggestion or feedback webpages, video and other blogs, Community Forum, "Wikipointia" (TM) or other Strangeson.com online mechanisms, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) your Contributions do not contain confidential or proprietary information; (b) Strangeson.com is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Contributions; (c) Strangeson.com shall be entitled to use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) such Contributions for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide; (d) Strangeson.com may have something similar to the Contributions already under consideration or in development; (e) your Contributions automatically become the property of Strangeson.com without any obligation of Strangeson.com to you; and (f) you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from Strangeson.com under any circumstances.